24 May 2011

Inspiration in Cornwall

On the theme of ideas I've just returned from a few days in the Penwith district of Cornwall.  I had hoped to find a few beachcombings to add to my store of 'found objects' but all accessible beaches seem to be kept very clean and tidy!   However, there is inspiration everywhere as my two images of Newlyn junkyard show!




The current exhibitions at the Tate St Ives didn't appeal but we found a wonderful Open Art Exhibition at the St Ives Society of Artists Gallery; http://www.stisa.co.uk/ including a textile piece by Sue Dove.  I spent a happy weekend at Sue's doll making workshop at the Jinney Ring Centre in 2001.  Now back to work, refreshed!!

                                                                                                                     Jenny



                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment