25 June 2011

MMU degree show

 Some seven years after completing my degree at Manchester Metropolitan University, I still get a pang of excitement when I enter the Cavendish Building.  I loved the whole experience, the journey, with all its' challenges and rewards. The journey was hard work and at times stressful, trying to meet deadlines and juggle family life too but it helped steer what was a life long passion into a something more worthwhile.  Stitch for me is no longer just about the technique, it has become a tool for expressing my thoughts and ideas. Paper has become my 'fabric'.

The 2011 Embroidery degree show has just finished and as always did not fail to delight.  Probably less stitch and less of the decorative than I have seen in past shows but non the worse for that.  When I was in my final year, we spent nine months working towards the final outcome and no it doesn't always come together in time!  The final show is only a snippet of what has gone before and hopefully the spring board for further creativity. I wish all the students well for the future.   Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment